SHAWN McCASKILLFOR SOUTHLAKE CITY COUNCIL PLACE 2
After years of volunteer service to the City of Southlake on the Planning and Zoning Commission and the Zoning Board of Adjustment, I am excited about the opportunity to continue serving my fellow residents of Southlake on City Council.
As a member of the Planning and Zoning Commission, I have maintained a consistent voting record of mandating low density development and only the highest quality commercial and residential projects (large and small) that exceed the basic requirements of Southlake’s ordinances. Although some projects might be acceptable to other cities and communities, I have demanded that developments in Southlake be different and better. With the Southlake 2030 Plan as my guiding principle and blueprint, I have adhered to our community’s values and goals of “Planning Today for a Better Tomorrow.”
MY RECORD AND VOTES AGAINST (1) KROGER TOWN & COUNTRY AND (2) MULTI-FAMILY RESIDENTIAL RESIDENCES IN TOWN SQUARE
At the November 20, 2014 Planning & Zoning Commission meeting, I made the motion to deny the Kroger Town & Country project and I voted to deny that application. The Planning & Zoning Commission agreed with my motion by a vote of 5-2 and denied that application. In addition, at the August 22, 2013 meeting, I voted against the multi-family residential residences in Town Square.
SERVICE TO SOUTHLAKE
- City of Southlake Planning and Zoning Commission 2013-2015 (appointed by Mayor John Terrell and City Council) (advises the City Council on matters related to zoning, planning, public improvements, and the Southlake 2030 Master Plan)
- City of Southlake 2030 Plan Sustainability Committee 2013-2015 (appointed by Chairman Robert Hudson of the Planning and Zoning Commission and Mayor John Terrell and City Council)
- City of Southlake Zoning Board of Adjustment 2010-2013 (appointed by Mayor John Terrell and City Council) (consideration of individual site requests for relief from the zoning ordinance)
- Southlake Baseball Association/Dragon Youth Baseball volunteer coach
- Kiwanis Club of Southlake (member)
- Hills of Monticello Homeowners Association (former board member).